To search our directory of workers at HM Factory Gretna either enter any name, place of birth or place of death in the search box or if you know what their job was from select from the drop-down menu.
Captain Lincoln Cosleett RogersAssistant Superintendent
Full name of worker at H.M. Factory Gretna (and any other names they are known by) : Captain Lincoln Coslett Rogers
Date and Place of Birth: 14th November 1876 at Mountjoy Place, Newport, Wales UK.
Date and Place of Death: 12th April 1937. Hospital Aleman Peyrrdon, 1650 Buenos Aires. Lived at Juncal 970 Piso 8 Departmento R. Buenos Airs
Childhood: His father worked in South Africa. His parents both Welsh. It appears that some of his childhood was in the UK and most in South Africa.
Parents: Father- George Henry Rogers. Mother- Margaret Rogers M/S Thomas
Parent’s occupations: Father – Mechinical Engineer in an Engineering Works in South Africa.
Schools / universities attended and years of attendance: He is listed as a Associate Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (UK) dated 28th April 1911
Occupation: Before WW1 he was a Mechanical Engineer in a Gold Mine in the Transvaal, SA. At time of death he ws a Black Oil Sales Manager in Argentina.
Place of residence at Gretna: Unknown.
Job title at Gretna: assistant Superintendent at Dornock
Marital status: Married
Children: 1. Licoln George Rogers. Born: c1906
- Esme Maud Rogers. Born: 1917 3rd Quarter. Carlisle. Vol:10b. p.931
1910 From England to NewYork
- 1913. 9th April From Southampton to New York. Final Destination Chile. Home address; Roodeports, Transvaal.
- 1915. Chile to Liverpool. Arrival 9th March 1915. Permanent Address: 15 The Grove Teddington, Middlesex
- 28th April. Liverpool to New York. Arrival: 7th May 1923’. UK address: C/o Humepipe & Concrete Co. Lower Belgrave Street, London
- Quebec, Canada to Southampton. Arrival 16th June 1923. Future Address: 15 the Grove, Teddington, Middlesex.
- 29th June. Southampton to Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Brazil & River Plate to Southampton. Arrival: 26th May 1931
- 31st October. England to Buenos Aires. Perminant Residence, Argentina.
- 1936. 22nd England to Buenos Aires.
Last English address: Kensington Palace Mansions. London
Future address: Argentine
Awards/recognitions: Not Found.
Trivia / any other information:
War Service: (London Gazette 13 Nov 1915)
Ref: Forces War records. National Explosives Factories
Lieutenant L.C. Rogers.
Royal Army Ordnance Corps
Seniority Date: 17.05.1915
LINCOLN COSLETT ROGERS
Temporary Lieutenant. Rank (2nd) Captain
Award: King’s Birthday Honours List
Gazette info: 6992
Service: British Army. Regiment Royal Army Ordnance Corps
Ref: Forces War records.
Rogers, T/Lt. (T/Capt) Lincoln Coslett, R.A.O.C
Ref: 6992. Supplement to the London Gazette. 3 June 1919
Also: 2008 Supplement to the Edinburgh Gazette 5 June 1919