Once simply a farm near the Royal Burgh of Annan, Chapelcross became the name synonymous with introducing nuclear power to Scotland. By 1959, Chapelcross became Scotland’s first combined military and civilian power station, producing Plutonium for the British Nuclear Weapons Programme, as well as electricity for the increasingly demanding British public, and would continue production for almost 55 years into the future.
40 page booklet with colour images throughout.
N.B. This booklet is incorporated within the book, “The Solway Military Coast” by Sarah Harper.